Monday, June 20, 2011

Miracle's really do happen!



On Memorial day my parents were in a terrible accident. They were driving on Highway 89 on their way home from my grandma's grave site. As they were passing the cherry hill intersection a car coming from the opposite direction turned and came right at my parents. It would have been a head on collision if not for my dad's quick thinking. He tried his best to get out of the guys way. He hit my parents car on the side and hit the back wheel so hard that he tore the axle off. This cause my parents car to roll three times and skid 20 feet into a bank of trees. The car landed upside down with everyone in it. The glass had shattered so all the kids were really torn up. They couldn't get the doors opened. My dad climbed through the car trying to see if everyone was alright. Ellie was holding her neck yelling that she couldn't move it.My dad said that all the kids were hanging upside down with blood pouring down their faces. As soon as my dad checked to see if everyone was alright he started handing kids out through the back window to people who had come to help. He had eights kids out the back window all eight and younger.The people were so kind and caring. They pulled blankets and sleeping bags out of their cars and wrapped the kids up in them. It took five ambulances to get my family to the hospital. Gracie went missing for a little while at the hospital. No nurses or doctors remembered her coming in. They searched for her for a while and found her in a little room off the emergency room.

One of the doctors told my family that he had driven by the accident right after it happened on his way to start his shift at the hospital. He was going to stop and help but decided he better head to the hospital and get everyone ready because he was sure there were trauma patients and causalities.

It was a miracle everyone survived and was not severely injured. My cousin went into shock, another hurt his neck really bad. My dad hurt is neck and back, my mom was bruised and cut along with Gracie and John. Ellie had terrible seat belt welts and burns from the roll. Each time the car rolled the seat belt tightened so she had three burns from it. Micheal received a bad bump on his elbow.
Natalie was a brave little girl. The doctors did some x-rays on her and stated she had no broken bones. After three days of saying her arm hurt my mom told her in and they found out that Natalie had broken her clavicle. It had overlapped severely and they had to put on a back brace and a sling.

The junk yard man stated he had only seen one accident as bad as ours without casualties. It was a group of girls and they were in really bad condition from the accident.

I know it was a miracle my family survived. It was a blessing from God that they all lived and came away from that bad of an accident with only cuts, bumps and bruises besides Natalie. I am grateful for my family and very grateful to Heavenly Father for their safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment